Henri Verdier born 1968 in Toulouse, is a French entrepreneur and digital specialist. He is the French State Chief Technology Officer (CTO), deputy to the Secretary General for Government Modernization. He is also the French State Chief Data Officer (CDO). Before he was the Head of Etalab, the French Agency for Public Open data. With Etalab, he launched the first government open data portal open to Citizen’s contributions.
Henri Verdier was CEO of MFG Labsn an internet startup involved in social data mining, and Chairman of the Board of Cap Digital, the French European Cluster for Digital Content and Services located in Paris Region. He is a member of the ARCEP Strategic Committee, a member of the CNIL Strategic Committee and was a member of the board of Paris-Sorbonne University.
He was awarded the “Ordre National du Mérite “in 2010.
Aside from this position, Henri Verdier was the founder Director of “Edition Odile Jacob Multimedia”, a publishing company in the field of e-learning, Executive Adviser for Innovation at Lagardère Group and the Director of Prospective for the Institut Telecom.
- With Nicolas Colin : L’Age de la multitude, Entreprendre et gouverner après la révolution numérique (Editions Armand Colin, Paris, 2010)
- Numerous contributions in collective works, such as :
- Le Dictionnaire politique d’Internet et du numérique (Editions La Tribune, Paris, 2010)
- TIC 2025 : Les grandes mutations (FYP Editions, Paris, 2010)
- New Age to New Edge (Orange Institute, San Francisco, 2010)
Follow me @HenriVerdier